maandag 16 februari 2015

Burn baby burn: How to implement Tabata with your weight training

TRX suspended lunges
There are two moments everyday when I experience pure bliss. First, when I am on my way to work, get my morning coffee and take that first sip. You coffee addicts must know what I am talking about. It's almost like the time stops for a second and your world is only about you and your little cup of joy. Secondly, when I get off work, go straight to the gym, and work that body like there is no tomorrow. You gym addicts must know what I am talking about. That shot of endorphins get's you going every time. There is nothing more rewarding than the exhaustion of an intense workout. 

When it comes to sports I have one motto: " There are three magical words; mindset, rest, and variation." If you would combine these three, there is nothing standing in your way to achieve your goals. As I have mentioned before I have recently become the newest member of the TABATA fan club and I would like to share how I have implemented it with my weight training. The options for this type of training are endless, so think outside that weight training box. 

For this training schedule I have combined weight training with the TRX and Tabata to add that burn factor: 

Warming up:
- Treadmill: 10 minutes/ max elevation level. 

Training:
- Leg Press: 4 sets/ 10 reps
- Single leg Leg Press : every leg 4 sets/10 reps
- Seated hip abduction: 4 sets/ 10 reps

TABATA circuit 4 minutes

- Single leg squat: 4 sets every leg/ 10 reps
- Suspended lunges: 4 sets every leg/ 10 reps

TABATA circuit 4 minutes

Training on the cable column 
- Cable hip abduction: 4 sets/ 10 reps
- One-Legged Cable Kickback: 4 sets/ 10 reps

TABATA circuit 4 minutes 

ABS
- Planking ( left, middle, right)
- Crunches
- Bicycle crunches


Be happy,
~Ilona~


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten