zondag 18 januari 2015

Cherry pie



For me there is nothing more mindfulness than passing the time baking on a lazy Sunday morning.  Especially during those cold winter months, when leaving the comfort of your warm home can seem like a huge undertaking. I love food and there is just something about baking that brings a smile to my face. Perhaps it is the smell of goodies baking in the oven that brings back happy childhood memories. Or simply the comfort of eating freshly made pastries that makes me utterly happy. When I wake up with thoughts of cookies, cakes and desserts, there is no stopping me. The fun starts by searching through my cooking books to find something delicious to make. Or on this particular Sunday, googling till I find the recipe that fits my needs to perfection. A few weeks back I bought a new pie dish and I just had to try it out. Of course I never need an excuse to bake, but my new pie dish has been calling my name for several weeks now. I found this delicious Cherry Pie recipe online that I don’t want to deprive you from. The recipe is easy to follow and the end result is definitely worth it. Here’s a link to the site: Cherry pie 

I would also like to mention how much I’m loving my new baking essentials from the ‘Rudolph’s bakery’ line. For those of you who do not know who Rudolph is, he is a Dutch chef. He is known for his programs on the 24kitchen food channel. As an avid baker I’m always looking for something to expand my cooking utensils.  Rudolph’s Bakery marble plate was just the thing I needed to add to my baking gear. It makes kneading dough easy and leaves less of a mess to clean up afterwards.  The pie dish did its job perfectly and there is no better place to let your pie cool and take those scrumptious pictures then a cooling rack. I must say, I’m quite pleased with my new additions.  It’s well worth checking out. I’ll be posting more mouthwatering recipes and my thoughts on food soon. Happiness starts with a filled stomach. Happy baking everyone.
With love, Ana
  
         

1 opmerking: